Wednesday 18 January 2012

The Reality Beyond the Nightmare!

I woke again at 4 am to write this.I'd been feeling quite good and then got jolted by news about a colleague at work.
Do I feel centered?  Do I feel at peace?  It feels like, back to the real world with a bump. And yet.... around me, somehow, is a sense of presence. If I am still, it is there. I have written  here about one of the nightmares of the world. The nightmare which seems so real. And yet I know, deep down, this is not Reality. The distinction is crucial. It is work "reality".

But the more it comes from Fear, be it my fear or the fear of employers or managers, the less it is Real. And sadly the less real power there is in the bureaucratic system to create a more loving world. Which is what it is trying to do, but in a crazy way. Fearful, stressed out workers are hardly empowered to have a positive impact on our clients!

How to respond to my colleague?
See her as the beautiful, loving human being she is. See that if this job, this role, are not for her, that does not make her less of a person. And there is a place for her, her true place. Trust the Reality behind the nightmare, behind her distress and behind  all my painful emotions which are part of that nightmare. Reality cannot be threatened.  Trust Reality no matter what appears to be happening. Isn't that the lesson? Forgive, forgive, forgive

No comments:

Post a Comment